Saturday, November 29, 2008

Okay, who's messin' with my scale?

This is just crazy! I mean, I knew the weight comes off fast, but come on. I hopped on the scale this morning and my wife did the reading, in fact she had to do it twice because she thought her eyes were betraying her, and me, I thought it wasn't nice of her to lie to me. Turns out her eyes and her honesty were true. In just 10 days I have lost a total of 21 lbs. That's a 2 before the 1. Holy crap, that is just crazy.

I don't see any differences in myself yet, however I am wearing a sweater right now that used to look like sausage casing on me and now isn't, in fact, it's comfortable.

My wife and I are going to head to Canadian Tire this morning to get me out of the house for a bit(plus they have a bunch of sales right now and we have some christmas shopping to get done), not sure how long I will last, but I am looking forward to getting out of the house for a bit.

I still get this sharp pain on my left side, right where the muscle was cut(so I guess that is to be expected) and after I have been standing for a while I hurt in a lower spot. I guess this really brings new meaning to the phrase "no pain, no gain" as I need to get out and excercise in order to heal.

My follow up appointment with my surgeon is on Tuesday Dec. 2nd(3 days away) and I am excited to see how I weigh in at the hospital. I will also find out how much longer I will be off work at that point, although he has already told me he did not expect to send me back until after the new year.

l8r

Wayne

4 comments:

Tammy said...

wow 21 lbs thats awesome wayne keep up the good work

Stacey said...

WOW!!! 21LBS... thats awesome! Im really happy and excited for you..

gigigal said...

Woohoo Wayne! Wonderful!

Diminishing Dawn said...

Awesome work Wayne! The added bonus for you is that men tend to lose faster - I guess the higher degree of natural muscle mass really helps. Mind if I am extremely jealous? I lost like 11 lbs! LOL!