Monday, November 3, 2008

More Recipes!

Hey Everybody,

So I have received a few emails asking me for more recipes and I am going to get started on that soon, for now though, here is a recipe that was posted on the Barix Connection website by Christine. It is a Chicken Marsala recipe that I am trying out tonight, so today the recipe, tomorrow the comment on how it turned out:)

Marsala wine is not available everywhere in Canada, but if you tell the person what you are looking for they will find you the equivalent. I am using a Sherry that is made in the Niagra region as I went to the wine store in Zehrs and they only carry Niagra region wines, this is the one the gave me as a substitute. I will figure out the calories and either edit them in here or post them with my comments on flavour tomorrow. Without any further babbling, here is the recipe...

Chicken Marsala
1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala
1 tsp butter flavoring

Mix flour, garlic salt, pepper, oregano together and dredge the chicken through it.

Liberally spray skillet with either butter flavored or olive oil flavored Pam. Heat pan on Med. Cook chicken for 2 minutes, respray pan, flip chicken and add the mushrooms. Stir mushrooms so they don't burn. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on this side.

Pour the wine over the chicken and mushrooms. Add the butter flavoring. Cover skillet and cook on low for 10 minutes. If you want the sauce thicker, mix 1 Tablespoon cornstarch into 1/2 cup chicken stock. Remove the chicken, increase temp to medium and stir in the cornstarch mixture. It will thicken quickly so stir. Once it is thick enough, put the chicken back in.

No comments: