Monday, December 1, 2008

Almost 2 weeks

Tomorrow morning I have my 2 week checkup at Barix(2 weeks exactly on wednesday). I am excited to go because I was promised by the nutritionist that at that appointment I will be moved to "soft foods". I am very excited to get off these darn pureed foods, the thought of them alone is driving me crazy anymore. I can't wait to have just some scrambled eggs.... hmmmmmm yummy.

My weight is down another 2 lbs today so that is very exciting, although I am still having a lot of trouble getting all my protein in. 99grams of protein does not sound all that bad, but when you can only intake about an ounce or two at a time, it sure takes a lot to get there. My biggest fear with low protein is my healing of course. The protein is what gets the body healing faster and I wonder if that is why I still have quite a bit of pain at times, although nothing like last week.

My liquid goal is not quite as hard to hit because all liquids count towards it, so even my pureed soups and such help me to achieve that one.

I can no longer stomach the protein shakes I was making, just the thought of them makes my stomach turn, but my wife picked me up some premade shakes from shoppers drug mart. The name of them is Myoplex Lite and they are made by EAS. Each 330ml carton has 20grams of protein, they taste good so far and go down fairly easily. I believe they were 4 for $9.99, so at $2.50 per meal they are not at all expensive either. I have the chocolate shake ones and find no protein taste whatsoever with them.

Everything else in my life is okay, although with Christmas fast approaching I want to build up some strength to be able to go shopping soon. My wife wants to stop at Meijer and Target while we are in the States tomorrow for my follow up appointment, hopefully it won't be too much activity for me, if so I will just have to wait in the truck for her.

Take care everybody,

Wayne

No comments: