Saturday, November 8, 2008

Last Night in the "Big House" till January!

Last night I put in my last shift until the new year. I was on afternoon shift and next week I am away for some training in Toronto, then I am into surgery week.

The week of my surgery I have the Monday and Tuesday off (for pre surgery issues) and then it's under the knife on Wednesday the 19th. Dr. Nunn has told me that he is going to keep me off of work for six weeks due to the nature of my job which puts me back in the plant around the middle of January. I am both nervous and excited right now, it will be nice to have the healing time post surgery but it sure is getting close, it's kind of a nervous/excitement feeling knowing that surgery is only 11 days from now, to think about how different my life will be is just staggering.

Food has ruled my life for so long, I am lucky to have other hobbies to occupy my newly aquired free time with.

Wayne

No comments: