Thursday, November 27, 2008

Eight Days Later

Eight days ago, I had only been out of surgery for an hour or so at this point, actually I think I came to around 5:30pm in recovery, and it was a heck of a rough start to my new life.

Eight days later, I have ended my pain meds, moved to pureed foods, can manage myself around the house without help and even did some light cooking for the family for dinner today. Not too mention the big one... drumroll please.... I am down fifteen pounds from my Pre-surgery weight.

If I overdo it, I pay for it though, like today, I cooked and went for a walk and am hurting a little when I stand up, so, I sit down :)

I still haven't really felt hungry yet, maybe a little tiny bit today while I was making dinner for the family, but very little.

All the pain I do have is on the left side of my chest below my pectoral(fancy word for boob, who knew:) right at the "big" incision point where I was told the "big" stapler went in.(okay, by big incision, it is maybe an inch and a quarter to an inch and a half long)

I don't think I have mentioned my incisions before and was asked about them. I only had five incisions and they range from half an inch(smallest) to and inch and a half(largest) with most of them being closer to the smaller end than the larger.

Eating and getting my goals in remain my biggest problem right now although last night I finally met my water goal. Yeah me! But my protein is way off and I have to start working on that one.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well, I will blog at ya later,

Wayne

No comments: