Saturday, November 8, 2008

Do-Be-Do-Be-Do (like the song:) )

Well my wife and I joined a gym yesterday before I went into work for my last shift. It's a nice little gym we have about a 3 minute drive or 15minute walk from our house, so it is very convenient. In fact I am an alumni, although not for a few years, during one of my dieting phases I gave it a try.

Anyway, tonight we went for our first workout, and I have to say I feel.... errr... pain, okay, I feel pain, in my legs, ouch! I think they hurt now, wait until the morning. I only did a short workout, but for a guy who hasn't worked out since the Reagan administration in the states it is a little difficult to get started.

So I started off on the treadmill and did that for 25 minutes, which I am pretty proud of, and I did it at a moderate pace of 3.0(whatever that equates to I don't have a clue) While my DW started jogging on hers. HUH! Jogging, that bi$%h! lol :)

After my 25 minutes, which my legs were burning after the first ten and I endured thinking the burn would subside(it didn't) I did 10 minutes on the stair machine. That thing was sent to earth by the devil, seriously I think satan himself designed the friggin' thing, talk about an awkward, painful experience, but I made it through. And I almost didn't pass out either, well okay, not really pass out, just seeing little black dots for a couple of seconds, nothing to get too excited about. The important thing is I got my heart rate up, and I did it, I really did it. I didn't just think about doing it, I actually went out and, yeah, I know, you get it.

So tomorrow I am planning on going back and torturing myself a little more(as long as my legs co-operate anyway), I have been reassured by several people that it gets better, and at some point you actually look forward to doing this to yourself, well here's hoping.

L8R, Wayne

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Good for you... A gym! That's awesome.. remember though, baby steps! Little bit at a time, don't kill yourself! That's great though, I'm very proud of you!

Diminishing Dawn said...

Just remember to take it slow after surgery! :)