Friday, November 7, 2008

It's another day

So yesterday I was feeling anxious and neither my wife or myself could figure out why. Nothing had changed, our lives did not miraculously evolve overnight into something else. So what was it? It was a true mystery. Then tonight(or I guess yesterday now, at this hour)I was at work, and I brought the Barix "bible" that they give you at PATs(It is a how-to for eating correctly, starting of course with the full liquid stage). Anywho, while I am reading the "bible" I start to get this anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach, a true "butterflies" moment, and then it hits me. The reason I have been so anxious is because I passed my PATs. That may sound silly, in fact it doesn't even sound right when I read it back, but it is true.

I am nervous, not about the surgery, but wondering if I can do it. This is lifechanging, am I truly ready for it? The last thing on earth I want is to go through this and struggle, only to have my Weight come back later in life. I realize that this will be a life long struggle and am trying to find ways to cope with that reality, this blog helps me with that actually.

Although, this may sound like "cold feet" to some, I think it is a normal progression through this process. I did not give myself the opportunity to think too much about after surgery until I knew for sure that I was going to be fit for it, and of course, in my endevour to keep things real out here in blog world, I thought it only fitting that I lay my feelings out there for you to see, errr read.

I know this is right for me, I have done the research, I know the possible complications, I know what things WLS patients can end up with down the road. I am truly ready and in T minus 12 days, it all begins for me. Wish me luck, Wayne.

2 comments:

Diminishing Dawn said...

It's called the "two week freak" =)

Wayne MacLean said...

OOOOHHHHH! That makes sense and is good to know:)