Monday, November 24, 2008

Gloomy day

Well, I went to my uncles funeral today. I took a pain med dose at 8:30 this morning before we left and it lasted until about noon, to bad I was there until 2 though:( It was a wonderful service, so many people cared for him and it was very evident today. I saw a bunch of family I don't see often which was also nice. Afterwards there was a luncheon at the church where the service was and they laid out a huuuuge spread of food, and you know what? Not a single thing appealed to me or made me think "Oh I wish I could have that", nope, my wife grabbed me a 1/2 cup of milk and a spoonful of mashed potatoes and I sat there, sipping and taking the occasional small bite of the potatoes just enjoying my family's company. For the first time in my memory banks, a "luncheon" was not all about the food for me. It was an exhilarating feeling to see how much power I have gained back into my life and the so many better things I can do with my time instead of always concentrating on food.

Wayne

No comments: