Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stuck In A Rut

Stalled for 6 days now! Yup, I know it's all a part of it, but gotta tell ya, it's frustrating when nothing happens for that long but you are doing what you are supposed to. Okay, maybe not everything I am supposed to... Okay, I have been messing up, I admit it, there, ya happy now:)

The past several days have been very busy for me as I have not returned to active work I have had a weekend filled with meetings and therefore have not been following my plan as well as I would have liked.

For example, on Sunday I awoke late, jumped in my clothes, grabbed a bottle of water and headed out to a meeting I had to attend at 9am(arrived just in time). After the meeting I headed home and when I got here it was after 11am and I had not eaten anything yet and only got 1 bottle of water down. I tried to catch up on my protein, but when you are that far behind, it is pretty much impossible to get there. So, yes, I know it is my fault and I need to plan better. I think I will come up with a "travel" kit that has some snacks and water in it, just to have at the ready for days like this, it wouldn't be hard to do, just have to get off my butt to do it.

Other than that, things are going well, pain is still only when I overdo it. I was supposed to go to the gym the other day and just didn't get there.

I was sick to my stomach last night. We made some chicken strips, nice soft food and I got about 1 and a half down when I started to feel a pain in my stomach, kind of a burning sensation. Next thing I know, I am hunched over a garbage can in the bathroom losing what I had eaten. Everything was chewed real good, it must have been the batter on the strips or something like that. And oh boy, did that hurt! If there is one thing I advise against, it's getting sick to your stomach at 3 and a half weeks post op. Not fun! So I was a little sore from that last night and maybe still a little tender this morning still.

I have not been on the computer a whole lot the past few days, one for the previously stated reasons, lots of meetings, but also I have a couple of projects I am working on for my National Union and it involves some video editing. Well, my laptop(my primary computer) has, or I should say had Windows Vista on it. Well, Vista sucks bad and I had to go back to Windows Xp just to get my program to run, then I found out the laptop's just not powerful enough to handle the video editing. So I went to the desktop(my wifes main computer) which is much more powerful but running really slow and I had to do some upgrading there just to get it to a good speed. Now I have installed the software and have to see if the video editing will work on hers. Anyway, all these computer problems and other obligations have really kept me away and I apologize for that.

Computers seem to be functioning better now, so I should be a little more visible online.

Bye for now, Wayne

No comments: