Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today was the day!

Well, today I went for my 2 week follow up and everything went really well. I talked to Dr. Nunn regarding the pain I am still feeling in my left side and he told me it should dissipate in another week or so. It is due to the muscle being sewn together in two spots and one of them being really tight, therefore a "pinching" feeling in my abdomen.

The Nutritionist came in and talked to me and was not overly concerned about my lack of protein intake as long as I am getting my water, because now that I am on soft foods(that's right, I was moved to soft foods today. YEAH!) I will start to get more protein from food choices I will make.

The scale at Barix is not as forgiving as mine here at home and according to theirs I have only lost 20.5lbs. I say only, but who am I kidding, in 13 days I have shed a couple of bowling balls off my body, and that's impressive. She also gave me another number that I liked... 11% I have now shed 11% of my excess body fat. And in 2 weeks to boot. Needless to say the nutritionist(Rachel) is very happy with my progress up to this point.

Dr. Nunn checked my incision sites and verified they are all healed and clear and that I can go swimming now and whenever I am feeling up to it, can lightly start back at the gym with some walking.

The staff at Barix has been absolutely incredible and this visit was no exception, the women who work in Dr. Nunn's practice are knowledgable, friendly and funny, which makes for a pleasant office visit experience.

A friend I have made on the Barix Connection website was there today for her checkup, Gwen, and she also did real well, although she is a stinker for not telling me she would be there and surprising me. It was a great surprise to meet her in person and her husband Dave as well.

After leaving the hospital we went over to Target to do some more Christmas shopping, I only lasted about twenty minutes before needing to head to the truck and Tena finished things up there for us. After Target we hit Bob Evans for lunch and I put my new soft food allowance to the test. I ordered a scrambled egg and a sausage round, nothing to drink. The lady thought I was from Mars for not ordering a drink, she actually told me she never had anyone ever do that before. In the end I ate the whole egg and about 3/4 of one of the 2 sausage rounds she served me in about 45 minutes. It went down good and tasted great!

Our next stop was at Meijer, where I opted to wait in the car to rest for a while before going in. Tena got about a 15minute head start on me in the store before I went in with her and we looked around, bought some lean cuisine menu items not available here and checked out the toy section for the kids... My youngest som is asking for a transformer Wall-e and I haven't been able to find the darn thing in stock anywhere... The search continues. I left the store again a little ahead of Tena and rested in the truck. We then headed home and all said and done it was a great day, good news at the Dr., a nice lunch with the love of my life, meeting a new friend, other than not getting the gift for my son it was darned near perfect.

So the holidays are upon us, let the craziness begin!

Wayne

1 comment:

gigigal said...

Way to go Wayne! You are doing just tremendous and are a real inspiration to me!!
Gail