Saturday, December 20, 2008

May not seem like much, but...

Yesterday I had a wow moment! It actually brought a tear to my eye...

It has been a long time, probably about ten years or so since I fit into something under a size 50 pant. In fact, one week before surgery I had to buy some pants(I hated to do it) and they were a size 52 and fit snug.

The past few days my wonderful wife has been calling me saggy butt because of the obvious weight loss of 40 pounds. I still see the fat guy I was pre surgery but she says she is noticing a big difference in me. So we were at the mall to finish the Christmas shopping yesterday and I kept pulling my pants up and it was driving me crazy. My wife dragged me into Marks Work Warehouse(where I have not fit into pants in at least 3 years) where she summarily threw me into a dressing room and started to lay pants over the door. I found a pair that fir well and liked the cut(jeans) and when I walked out of the dressing room to show her, she told me, very excitedly, that they were a size 48. Literally, ten years. Ten years since I fit into that size. It was an incredibly emotional moment for me.

I liked the way the jeans didn't fall to my ankles when I walked so my wife went to pay for them and I wore them right out of the store, carrying my 52's proudly in the bag from the store.

I have been working out quite a bit lately, trying every day, although with all the walking yesterday I skipped the gym, but am planning on going today with Tena(wonderful wife and life partner)

Protein... I have been getting closer to my goal, it is a real challenge to find items to eat that are high in protein that will get me to 99grams a day, I have been hitting the 75 -80 grams/per day range which is okay. My water intake has been easier as long as I remember to have a bottle of water on me at all times. If I forget, hours will go by and I will be severely behind on my water intake.

All in all, I am feeling pretty good physically, but this time of year brings with it many memories of the last days with my father. It was 8 years ago on Christmas Eve that we lost him, and the anxiety builds every day as we get closer to Christmas. Personally I would cancel this holiday if not for the children. So, I put on a good face, turmoil a little myself on the inside, grin and bear it all. That's what we do for our kids I guess.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Wayne

No comments: