Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not doin' the scale thing for a bit

I have noticed I get on the scale every day after my shower. I am going to stop myself from doing that because I know in the first 6 weeks there is an expected stall of weight loss. A time when your brain says, "what the heck is going on here, hold on to everything" and I don't want to be concerned about it when it happens. I know, or at least should know, that these first six weeks are about healing, not losing weight.

Speaking of healing, I still have that damn pain in my left side when I am standing for to long. I am planning on going out to the grocery store today to get some things for the kids lunches, just to get me out of the house. I don't think I will head to the gym yet, although the Dr. did clear me for swimming, my bandages haven't fallen off yet and don't want to go in the pool with them attached.

Everything else seems to be going okay, I am getting my water goal in every day and very close to my protein goal as well. I have also started to feel hungry on occassion and am eating my six times a day to help with attaining my goals. It is weird though, I feel hungry, have either my meal or snack that is due at that time, and after a few bites am very satisfied. Gone are the days of a heaping pile of pasta with seconds, now a few tablespoons fills me to the brim. Kind of a good feeling. I am also starting to recognize when I am full, something I don't think I ever thought about before surgery. I take a bite, chew like crazy, swallow, put my fork down and talk with my wife or kids, then pick it up to bite again. It really works to feel that full feeling.

Enough rambling for today, l8r all,

Wayne

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hey Wayne, its been a while since I have read your blog. My computer has been on the quits so needless to say, we got a new one!LOL I opted to go on the scale once a week. I dont want to become obsessd with the scale. but Im down a total of 44lbs and 29 since surgery!!!yeah. You must be doing great as well.
Keep it up!
Hugs
KElly