Thursday, October 23, 2008

So it's 12 and 27 now!

Well, 12 days to my PATs and 27 to surgery. Not much is changing right now, same old, same old, one day to the next routine. I am getting nervous a little more each day as I see the countdown dwindle and realize it will be here in no time at all.
I am trying my best to watch my fat intake, yesterday I had my first mini-win with myself. I made the chili(really good BTW)that I posted yesterday and had a bowl of that for dinner, I topped it off with low fat cottage cheese for extra protein instead of sour cream, which is what I would normally use, and it was really good. I am not a cottage cheese fan, but this way made it bearable for me. Anyway, I was driving my daughter to Youth Group and had planned on stopping at the convenience store on my way back to get some "Frito Scoops" to have with another bowl of chili.
I dropped her off and there is a little store across the street, but I think to myself, I will go to the one a little closer to my house instead. As I drive up the block I realize that I was talking myself out of going to that store and did the same thing for the one closer to home. I ended up back at home, no fritos, and no more chili 'cause I wasn't even hungry, I was "craving" the chips, and I fought back and won!
It may not seem like a big deal to a lot of you, but Chips are my downfall, I LOVE them, so to pass them by took a lot of willpower for me, something I admit I don't have a lot of.
So I did, it, I am proud of myself, it's all about the baby steps I guess.

L8R

4 comments:

tenamac said...

I am proud of you too!!!

Love you honey, keep up the good work!!

Tena

Kelly said...

I guess I should remember what things are called instead of just thingy!LOL...Its called a Respirix(spellin?).I believe it is to help open yoru lungs up and get yoru ready for after surgery. After surgery they come in every2-3 hrs to do some breathing adn coughing with you. I think everyone is different.I have to do 15 breaths 6-8 times a day!

Skylex said...

LOL, I hope tenemac is your wife, congrats on your 'win', I'm very low in the will power dept also, baby steps are good

Wayne MacLean said...

lol, just to clarify, tenamac IS my wife:)