Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Second post today

I am laying in bed, listening to my wife breath, the rain is lightly coming down outside and I can't help but think of how lucky I really am. I have a wonderful family, 3 great kids, a home, a job, what more could a guy ask for. My wife has been so supportive during this journey I can't even begin to explain. I love her soooo much and can't wait until I can go on walks with her and just enjoy our lives together.
I explained the surgery to my two older children the other day, trying to make sure they understand what it is that I am going to d and why I am doing it. My daughter, Kaitlyn and my son Colin, they both get it I think, I even went to the Barix website and played the video they have of the procedure for them. I am realizing that this is a bit of a selfish journey and that if we don't want it for ourselves it will never work. I put myself to that test every day just to make sure I can commit to this and so far so good.

Well my sister is going to be induced in the morning so sometime tomorrow I should have a brand new niece, and the wonderful thing is, she will only ever know the skinny uncle Wayne, never the overweight one. That's all for tonight... Wayne

No comments: