Monday, October 20, 2008

15 and 30, MAGIC TO MY EARS

So I have 15 days until my PATs(Pre Admission Testing) and 30 until my surgery. It seems like every day is going by very slow but I know that it will seem like no time at all until I am sitting in that hospital waiting for my turn in the OR.
I have to get my head in the right place, because I realize it`s still not quite where I need it to be. I was reading on a forum that I frequent tonight that some people have what they refer to as `last meal syndrome` and while reading it I realized I have it too, which means I have a little work to do on myself.
`Last meal syndrome` is just what it sounds like it would be, as someone who is going through this life changing event we think it is the last time we will ever get to eat this or that, so instead of making the right choice and passing it by, we indulge using the excuse, it`s the last time I will ever get the chance.
I have been guilty of this syndrome myself since I found out about my approval for surgery and have to tell you, all I am doing is setting myself up for failure. Someone I admire very much on this forum I was speaking of said that once you reach your goal Weight, you can still eat anything you want, just in moderation. So, fear not fellow Weight Losers, there is no more `Last Meal Syndrome` start eating healthy, no more sugars and complex carbs, cast them aside and bring your water bottle with you on your walk, `cause that`s exactly what I`m gonna do. `till next time all.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It will be here before you know it!Wohoo you are almost there Wayne!

Gwen said...

Hey Wayne I know what you have been going through with the "Last meal syndrome" I have been going through it as well...I have made the decision as well just like you to begin eating properly...I made this decision do to the fact if I dont now then it will be harder after the surgery....so I will ride this wave with your right beside you...

You can do it as well as me....we are so close to getting to the new day so lets give it a kick start together.

Hugs
Gwen