Friday, October 24, 2008

New Tracking Site

I found this website, actually my wonderful wife did, and she sent it to me, so I thought I would share it with you all. It's not an epiphany or anything, I am sure lots of you have seen it or come across it in the time you have been researching but I am really impressed with it. Prevention magazine, not something I have every really read in the past, has a really great tracking tool on their website, the actual web address is http://www.prevention.com/cda/homepage.do and I have posted it in my links section as well(down and to the right:) )
When you first go to the page you will see a whole bunch of information, but just below the banner there is a navigation bar that has a bunch of buttons on it, the one you are looking for is "My Health Trackers", if you click on it, it will bring you to a sign in area where you can choose to create your own profile.

What I like about the site is that you can track so many things, not just your weight and BMI like so many other sites, but also your measurements as well. It has an area for a Weight goal that will ask for a target date to reach said goal, then it will tell you how many calories, based on your current body type and size, you should intake per day to reach that goal. It's pretty neat the way the site is decked out and makes for an interesting tour when you are figuring it out. There are a lot of these "type" of web pages out there on the net, but this is by far the easiest and most comprehensive that I have found to date. I love the food journal and have started using it as well. Kudos to the people at Prevention magazine for making such a comprehensive tool to assist us all in our goals.

And oh yeah, Thanks honey, I love the site! I hope you all like it as much as I do.

Wayne

No comments: