Thursday, October 30, 2008

Off I Go!


So yesterday I was thinking to myself... self, let's go for a walk, but my problem is i bore rather easily. Admittedly I am sure I have ADD because nothing holds my attention for long periods of time if it is stagnant, so I worried about walking and being bored. I decided I would take along my camera, those of you who have known me for a while will know that I used to absolutely love to take pictures. In fact it is what I did to pay the bills for a short time, but after having three kids, the mortgage, the bills and everything else, it is really hard to find the time for it anymore. A couple years ago I bought a fancy digital SLR so I could take my photography to the next century but alas, hardly use the darned thing.

Well yesterday I think I may have solved two problems with one solution. I took my camera with me on an interesting walk. I decided on a nature trail not too far from where I live that has several different walking paths through the woods, it was a beautiful morning, if not a little cool, but overall, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, it seemed like a great idea. I took off on one of the trails and followed it around a small pond, shot some fall foliage and some birds, nothing exotic, saw a couple of blue jays but they eluded me. I continued on my path, contemplating life and all it's pitfalls and glories when I was startled by a sound in the woods. What did I see you ask? None other than a female deer and her baby, not more than 20 feet from where I stood. HOLY CRAP! Shoot the pictures dummy!

I have never, outside of a zoo had the opportunity to see such wonderful beauty up close like that, it was a truly awesome experience for me, I love nature, and with my rekindled foray into photography, I can see myself getting my exercise in places like this a lot easier in the future. My wife was definitely jealous when I returned with my prized bounty of pictures from my adventure. My pic of a deer, that's the one I saw:)


My wife, Tena, came with me today to visit friends of ours, Mark and his wonderful wife Colleen. Mark just had WLS yesterday and it was incredible to see how well he was doing just one day post operative. We went for a short walk and he described everything about the surgery he could remember, well not the surgery I guess, as much as the lead up to it. I was really glad to see him and to see how well he was doing, he gives me great hope for my surgery, which evidently is only 21 days from now, yikes!


Wayne

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Cool picture of the deer!! Where was this path? I didnt know A'burg had nature trails!

Wayne MacLean said...

It was actually at Ojibway Nature center on Matchette Rd.