Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just an update

I went back to the gym today and did my usual routine of 2 miles on the treadmill, then decided I was ready for a little more. I spent a little time on a couple of machines that work the inner and outer thighs, then went to the ab machine... Well, lets just say I am not ready for abs yet:) At 6 weeks out I knew the abs would be the tough one to try but I thought, I only have it set to 20lbs, how hard can it be? Evidently, very. I did about 4 crunches when I felt some pain in my side and thought "oh, oh, I better stop". I went on and did some swimming and ab exercises in the water to make sure I didn't herniate myself.

I see Dr. Nunn again on Tuesday for my 6week follow up, so I will check with him about what I can and can't do, although he did tell me at my two week, that anything I felt comfortable with was okay, my body would stop me if it was hurting, and boy did it!

I am fairly exhausted as this has been my first workout since before the holidays and was a little more intense. I am still amazed how high I can get my heart rate before I start to feel winded or anything.

My schedule.... Blah! I am finding it increasingly hard to write stuff down! It makes no sense, it's an easy thing to do, but I just don't remember to do it. I am doing okay keeping track of my water, because it is four water bottles a day and I keep that many on a shelf in the fridge every day and know when I finish them that I have met goal. It's the protein though, I am having a very difficult time with it, but I will keep at it. My wife bought me a small ringed binder(fits in pocket) and a pen that attaches to it so I can keep things written down, hopefully I can make that work.

A friend of mine, David, has set up a blog as well, he is just beginning his journey and like myself wants to help those that are just starting out, it's an interesting read, check it out at David's Blog.
Well, I hope you all are having a great time in 2009,

Wayne

No comments: